Snort mailing list archives

Re: spp_stream4 preprocessor problem

From: Martin Roesch <roesch () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 11:38:45 -0400

If you update to the 1.8.1-beta5 code, Snort has been changed so that
you have to explicitly turn on TCP state violation alerts.  It turns out
that not all IP stacks are created equal and they quite frequently do
things that are considered "bad".

Beta5 is available at
http://www.snort.org/files/snort-1.8.1-beta5.tar.gz

   -Marty

tdangler () linuxisland com wrote:

Hello all,

Just got a quick question here.  First some info.  I'm running snort-1.8
and it is started with:

snort -u snort -g snort -d -D -z est -i eth0 -c snort.conf

There is a web server running on this machine.  In my messages file I get
several of the below listed spp_stream4 messages. Is this normal, or is
there a way to not log these messages?  Any help would be much
appreciated.

TD

Unusual System Events

--