Snort mailing list archives

Re: Newbie Database + Snort

From: Jed Pickel <jed () pickel net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 18:21:52 -0400

On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 01:25:30PM +0100, Peter Bates wrote:
I appear to have done the
grant INSERT,SELECT on snort.* to snort@localhost;

But when I try mysqlshow or mysql as the snort user, I get:

bash-2.04$ mysqlshow snort
mysqlshow: Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database 'snort'

Hey Peter,

When you use "mysql" or "mysqlshow" without the -u parameter it uses
your current username. If you have not already added that user to
mysql you will need read the following for info on how to...

http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/bychapter/manual_Privilege_system.html#Adding_users

Alternatively you can use the -u parameter for a user that already
exists in the database.

Also be sure to grant all of the proper permissions.

Regards,

* Jed