Snort mailing list archives

RE: Logging to SnortSnarf, syslog server, or other html utility

From: James Hoagland <hoagland () silicondefense com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 08:29:55 -0700

Would anyone be able to provide information on to get Snort using the
SnortSnarf logging utility?  Or any other logging tool for that matter, I
have Snort logging to the syslog directory, and I have compiled SnortSnarf,
however I do not see any logging going on.

See the README file included with SnortSnarf. You need to run snortsnarf.pl program separately from snort. You will provide your syslog log file as input to SnortSnarf so it can generate a set of HTML pages.

-- Jim
--
|*               hoagland () SiliconDefense com                *|
|*              http://www.silicondefense.com/              *|