Snort mailing list archives

Re: Slightly OT : Demarc

From: Blake Frantz <blake () mc net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 15:08:32 -0500 (CDT)

If you havn't, download the update demarc-1.04-02.

More documentation and an added install script make the installation much
easier.  From the error message, it appears you have the hostname
incorrectly specified in demarc.

verify the settings in demarc against those in the mysql/db database.

to see if snort is running run 'ps -aux | grep snort'

to see if snort is logging to mysql you can...

# mysql
# mysql> use snort;
# mysql> select * from event;

and if rows appear then snort is logging to mysql.

-Blake

The Government, like diapers, should be replaced regularly, and
often for the same reasons.