Snort mailing list archives

Re: Help with CVS

From: Fyodor <fygrave () tigerteam net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 23:25:01 +0700

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 11:11:00AM -0500, Tim Olson wrote:
Hi,

I'm new to Snort, so forgive me, but...

I don't know how to get updates via CVS.  I see the very simplistic
CVS info page that gives me a couple of command strings to run, but
I just don't know where to start.  How can you determine the
modules you need/should update?  Where to they download to?

snort is the only module you'd need :)

Do you then have to re-compile and rebuild snort?

yes. :)

If someone could take the time to type me a quick example or just
maybe cut and paste what happens when you do it, that would be great.

cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs () snort cvs sourceforge net:/cvsroot/snort login
cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs () snort cvs sourceforge net:/cvsroot/snort co snort

should do it all. :) (