Snort mailing list archives

Re: Using Acid, MySQL and Persistant connections.

From: Mike Johnson <mrjohnson () trinitycapital com>
Date: 27 Sep 2001 10:44:25 -0700

Hi!

On Thu, 2001-09-27 at 08:21, Andreas Hasenack wrote:
Em Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 10:42:22AM +0000, roman () danyliw com escreveu:
This behavior is quite troublesome and I have also seen it happen
an seemingly random occasions.  Some thoughts on this:

- Under what versions of PHP is this happening?  I can confirm it
on 4.0.6.

I also am running 4.0.6, plus Apache 1.3.20 compliled from source on
debian.

I've also disabled persistent connections here. But my problem was
slightly different, the pages would take forever to load after
a while. Even stop and refresh wouldn't work, only restarting apache
would help. But after a while it would happen again.

That's what I'm seeing here -- if you take a look at the server, run top
and sort by memory usage -- the httpd process starts gobbling memory
like there's no tomorrow. The page reloads start to take forever.

Also PHP-4.0.6... :)

- Is it really all ACID pages which cause this problem?

In my case, yes, I run this webserver just to use acid, nothing else.

My server is doing a bunch of stuff that several employees access all
day long, but only using the acid pages will cause problems. I
downgraded to acid b13 which fixed the problem for me, but I guess it's
sounding like a php bug. I can send a phpinfo() page if you like.

- Does using memory_limit in PHP help (note: in PHP 4.0.6 there
is a bug in this functionality)

It seems php 4.0.6 has tons of bugs. Another one, but unrelated to acid,
causes problems with IMP. Downgrading to 4.0.4pl1 solved that, I may
try the downgrade here too and see if persistent connections start
working with acid.

- Mike Johnson