Snort mailing list archives

Re: Blocking the Hacker

From: Shaiful <shaifuljahari () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 17:52:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

You can use Hogwash.  It can understand snort rule
file so you don't have to write the rule yourself.

FYI, there are two kind of Hogwash exist.  Native and
Iptables version.  Use which is best suited for your
environment.  The native version can be really stealth
by operating without IP stack. You can find it at
snort homepage or hogwash.sourforge.net

Regards,
Shaiful

--- Syed Mohammad Talha <talha () cbq com qa> wrote:
Hi,

I am using the guardian for blocking the intruder,
but I think this is not enough, is there any other
tool which can be used with snort.

Thanks and Regards.

Talha