Snort mailing list archives

RE: Acid/MySQL and remote sensors

From: "Lists" <lists () paladinss com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 15:40:03 -0700

No problem

-----Original Message-----
From: bferrell () microdisplay com [mailto:bferrell () microdisplay com]
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2001 3:21 PM
To: Lists Smith
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Acid/MySQL and remote sensors

Unfortunately, not that simple.  You have to make entries in the mysql
host
and user tables for the snort user.  I think your MySQL is running on a
MS
box?  You might want to look at the MySQL site for MySQL GUI.  It'll be
much easier to do.

WOuld you mind echoing this to the list?  It rejects my posts because my
mail hub refuses to verify me.  We do that not for anti-spam reasons,
but
to avoid giving out user info for anti-cracking reasons.

Lists wrote:

Do I do that by uncommenting the username and password fields in the
MySQL .ini and ensuring that the values are the same for the
snort.cont
file on the remote sensor?

Thanks,

Ben