Snort mailing list archives

RE: Alert caching for ACID as a cron job

From: Steve Halligan <agent33 () geeksquad com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 12:58:53 -0500

I have a sensor that sits on a 100mbit pipe and I get TONS of
events. The
problem I am running into is that each day when I get in I
have to wait for
it to cache a few hunderd thousand events. Looking into the
alert_cache.inc
I see the code but I don't have an environment to test it. (I
had to fight
for the linux boxes I have now) Does anyone have a shell
script that does
this already that you run as a cron job? I want to run one
every 15 minutes
or so.. Any info would be great..

You could just leave the Last XX alerts page open on a machine.  It
refreshes, and therefore populates the cache, every x seconds.

-Steve