Snort mailing list archives

Code Red attacks

From: "Peter Borner" <peter () borner org uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 10:51:05 +0100

Hi,

The biggest problem I am seeing coming into my network is attacks from
the Code Red worm. While I'm locked down and secure against this attack,
I'm fed up with seeing the alerts. I've tried tracking back and then
sending email out to the various ISP's asking them to deal with the
issue but, other than the usual "automated response" from the ISP's
abuse system, it seems to be making no difference.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can escalate this issue and
get the owners of the offending machines to clean up their act?

Thanks,

Peter