Snort mailing list archives

ACID 0.9.6b14 questions

From: "Poppi, Sandro" <Sandro.Poppi () wacker com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 10:33:41 +0200

I'm having some probs regarding acid 0.9.6b14 in conjunction with snort
1.8.1 on a RedHat 7.0 box with mysql 3.23.32:

1. Using any of the new Snapshot entries

        Last Source Ports: any , TCP , UDP
        Last Destination Ports: any , TCP , UDP

results in

        Database ERROR:You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line
1

All other functions I tested work (nearly) as expected (see 2.)

2. The search form and querying only for an ip address does not work for
portscan alerts. If the given ip address is only logged for portscan alerts
it can't be queried, if there are other alarms for the ip address they will
be shown.

Any hints?

TIA
Sandro