Snort mailing list archives

RE: Feature Request?

From: Kevin Brown <Kevin.M.Brown () asu edu>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 10:57:13 -0700

Well, I did have a cron job monitoring for snort, but every few days the
thing would actually fire off a new copy of snort even though it was already
running.  I check on snort daily since my machine is always ssh'd into it.
Just type top and see snort chugging away at the top of the process list
(80% CPU usage on a Sparc IIe 500MHz Netra T1).