Snort mailing list archives

Re: SNORT keywork to check TCP window size

From: Phil Wood <cpw () lanl gov>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 10:22:45 -0600

On Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 04:19:22PM +0100, Alberto Grazi wrote:
I've actually found something in the changelog which says it is possible
to check it but there is no mention at all in the documentation... Can
anyone help ?

alert tcp any any -> any any (msg: "window is zero"; window: 0;)

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/snort/snort/ChangeLog?rev
=1.13&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

/* $Id: ChangeLog,v 1.13 2001/08/15 05:54:35 roesch Exp $ */
[...]

2001-04-19 bmc <bmc () mitre org>
[...]
    * added sp_tcp_win_check.  TCP Window Size can be looked now