Snort mailing list archives

RE: UUnet dns server portscans filling up log.. causing email of real alerts to crash

From: "Madhav Diwan" <mdiwan () wagweb com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 11:21:32 -0400

interesting , thanks Jeff : this seems to be the way to go...

can you send me some specifics on how you installed that tcpdump  rule
set?

Is there any other way to do this? and why doesnt the ignore portscan
hosts preprocessor work in this scenario?

         i dont really want to have to use tcpdump files if i dont have
to: i have plenty of space on the drives and it would screw up the mail
alert script that i have built.