Snort mailing list archives

Re: MySQL Log rotate

From: David Gadbois <gadbois () computer org>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 10:43:02 -0500

Ah.  The acid_event table got added in 0.9.6b13, and I have been running
0.9.6b12.  It appears all you will need to do is add a couple of lines:

   $dbh->prepare("DELETE FROM acid_event WHERE sid = ? AND cid = ?"),

and

   $dbh->do("OPTIMIZE TABLE acid_event");

I haven't tested this, so use at your own risk.

--David Gadbois

roman () danyliw com wrote:

The ACID event cache does _not_ get purged periodically.  If you have a
script which removes an alert from the database be sure to also delete
the associated alert information from the acid_event table.

cheers,
Roman