Snort mailing list archives

(no subject)

From: "Kenneth Wells" <klwells () bignet net>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 19:31:08 -0400

Can anyone help me?

I'm trying to install Snort on a windows2000 box and in the final step I
get this error:

Here is my error in my web viewer:

Parse error: parse error in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\acid\acid_conf.php on
line 7
   Analysis Console for Intrusion Databases

Invalid Database Type Specified

The variable $DBtype in acid_conf.php was set to the unrecognized
database type of ''. Only the following databases are supported:

                MySQL       : 'mysql'
                PostgreSQL  : 'postgres'

Here is my c:\inetpub\wwwroot\acid\acid_conf.php below:

<?php
$ACID_VERSION = "0.9.6b6";
/* Path to the DB abstraction library */
#$DBlib_path = "../../adodb";
DBlib_path = "c:\snort\adodb";
/* The type of underlying alert database
   MySQL       : "mysql"
   PostgresSQL : "postgres"
 */
$DBtype = "mysql";
/* Alert DB connection parameters
    - $alert_dbname   : MySQL database name of Snort alert DB
    - $alert_host     : host on which the DB is stored
    - $alert_port     : port on which to access the DB
    - $alert_user     : login to the database with this user
    - $alert_password : password of the DB user

   This information can be gleaned from the Snort database
   output plugin configuration.
 */
$alert_dbname   = "snort";
$alert_host     = "localhost";