Snort mailing list archives

problem with installation

From: Dariusz Zmokly <globi () graff com pl>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 14:48:33 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I want to upgrade to new version of snort. I have been using version
1.6.3 without any problems. Today I downloaded new version of libpcap -
libpcap-2001.09.04 and compiled it. Then I restarted old version of snort
and it was running ok, so it seems libpcap is ok.

So I downloaded snort-1.8.1-RELEASE, typed './configure', 'make', 'make install'
all went ok. But when I try to start snort it says
'snort: error in loading shared libraries: libmysqlclient.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory'

globi@rh-master:~/proj/snort-1.8.1-RELEASE$ locate libmysqlclient.so.6
/usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.6
/usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.6.0.0

There is probably some problem with path to libmysqlclient.so.6 but this is
strange because compilation goes ok. Could you help me?

regards,
Dariusz Zmokly