Snort mailing list archives

Re: logging

From: Jed Pickel <jed () pickel net>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 01:43:50 -0400

On Sun, Sep 02, 2001 at 04:30:00PM -0500, Neal Timm wrote:
I am currently logging to mysql but still would like to log to syslog is
there any way to do this I have them both uncommented in the config file but
I would guess that the mysql take precedence.  Any help would be
appreciated.

Hey Neal,

You can log to both mysql and syslog if you have the database and
syslog plugins enabled in your config file. Make sure you don't use
the "-s" command line option -- it will over-ride all of your output
plugins.

* Jed