Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Documentation

From: Brian Caswell <bmc () mitre org>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 14:57:56 -0700

"Ingersoll, Jared" wrote:

HI,

Ok, I'm going to be a pain here. I've finally convinced the powers that be
to allow me to setup snort IDS, and I can find any documentation on the
redesigned snort.org site that covers installation and pre-reqs on Linux. I
remember reviewing this on the old site, but cannot find anything other than
Win32 documentation.

Could someone point this newby in the right direction.

The "Writing Snort Rules" has been... morphed from just writing rules to
running snort in general.  The latest version has changed its  name to
"Snort Users Manual".

Check that.

--
Brian Caswell