Snort mailing list archives

Re: Problem running snort 1_8 as an NY Win2KSrv Service

From: "JP" <Theblahact () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 09:54:13 +1000

All,

Can anyone explain to me why srvany is installed as a service? I have never
done that and snort (and everything else I have ever installed as a service)
has worked.

The line INSTSRV SrvAny "c:\winnt\srvany.exe" seems unnecessary....

With regards to the below problem, hopefully you checked all your command
line parameters in the registry.....??

JP