Snort mailing list archives

Postgresql plug-in benchmarks

From: Seth Leger <soleger () sma3 sca ncsu edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 13:59:53 -0400

Does anyone have any bechmarks available for the performance of the Portgres output plugin? I'd just like a precise estimate of how many alerts per second can be handled when using it. If you have any information about performance penalties or unexpected behavior under high load while using database output, I'd like to hear about that too.

More generally, are there any tools out there now that people are using to test the alert per second throughput of Snort? I haven't looked around for any yet, but it's an aspect of Snort that I am interested in quantifying. Thanks!

Seth Leger
soleger () sma3 sca ncsu edu