Snort mailing list archives

Re: Rule for Morpheous yet?

From: Erek Adams <erek () theadamsfamily net>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 06:56:10 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, Tom Sevy wrote:

Does anyone have a rule for Morpheous yet?  Morpheous is a new peer
to peer system.

Funny you should ask....  :)

My 16 yearold daughter has this package on her PC.  There was a very good
dissection of it on the Vul-Dev or Pen-Test list, I can't recall which.
There are some things you can use to create a rule, but I've not had enough
coffee yet.  :)  Lemme dig thru my archives and I'll forward you what I've
got.  If anyone else wants the messages, lemme know and I'll make them
available.

One thing:  On the machine that's running it--There is a mini-web server on
like port 1417 or something like that.  Connect to http://host:1417/ and you
can grab any of the files without any authentication or difficulty.

[I think 1417 is right, but I can't say for sure.  Use Nmap, you'll be able to
see it.]

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy