Snort mailing list archives

Re: configuring snort daily report

From: Robert van der Meulen <rvdm () cistron nl>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 13:44:16 +0200

Hi,

Quoting Dan Cuthbert (dcuthbert () idsec co uk):
Can anyone tell me how you go about setting up snort so that it mails the
defined account the snort daily report, like it does with my debian install
presently im running openbsd 2.7 with the same flags as my debian box, yet
no daily report gets sent to the root account
is this a easy thing ive overlooked somewhere?
You've overlooked something ;)
I included 'snort-stat' in the debian package (i maintain it), which is
supposed to do the mailing-of-statistics.
snort-stat is standard perl, piped trough sendmail. You might want to take a
look at the snort-stat script, and use it on your openbsd machine as well.
Mind you, the snort-stat i included in the latest (unstable) debian package
has a 'little' bug, and is not taking care of the reports correctly, so
you'd be missing out on alerts (it does send statistics, but they're
incomplete).

Greets,
        Robert

--
                              Linux Generation
   encrypted mail preferred. finger rvdm () debian org for my GnuPG/PGP key.