Snort mailing list archives

Flex-response & CodeRed

From: Mark Wiater <mwiater () bayserve net>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 06:31:42 -0400

Hi all,

Has anyone using flex response to stop code red seen any instances of the
slimely bug get through to the web servers?

I'm using the same process on different technology (just haven't upgraded to
1.8 yet), send a RST after detection of the trigger, default.ida. I'm using
an arrowpoint load balancer to achieve the same results.

The bad news is that one of the versions CR still sends the second HTTP
packet, even after the reset.

Could one of you folks employing flex response tell me I'm nuts... or perhaps
not. I only see about ~150 get through out of about 6000 attempts...

Thanks

Mark