Snort mailing list archives

Snort 1.7 MySQL Question

From: <bthaler () webstream net>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 16:39:38 -0400

In the "iphdr" table of the Snort MySQL DB, Snort logs the source and
destination IP addresses as "ip_src" and "ip_dst" respectively.

Can someone please explain to me how this is encoded?  I know that the
individual octets are also recorded in separate fields, but it's much more
convenient to have the IP in a single field.

My machine knows how to decode these.  For instance, I can ping "1064298128"
from a command line.  But I'm not as smart as my machine, LOL.

Appreciate any help,
Brad T.