Snort mailing list archives

snort start

From: "Birkir Björnsson" <Birkir.Bjornsson () islandssimi is>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 11:01:31 +0000

I´m sorry to send the same question again, but i lost all my mail
yesterday..

So could somebody please forward me answear i got yesterday.

----- Forwarded by Birkir Björnsson/Islandssimi on 10.08.2001 11:00 -----

                    Birkir
                    Björnsson            To:     snort-users () lists sourceforge net
                                         cc:
                    09.08.2001           Subject:     snort start
                    08:55

Hi everyone

I´m new to Snort just recently compiled to run with my AIX 4.3.3 system. I
want to use snort to log
with syslog options but to /var/log/snort.log not to /var/log/syslog. How
can i do this I´ve tried
snort -c snort.conf  -s /var/log/snort.log    this did not work of course.
So any ideas ..

Thanks  Birkir