Snort mailing list archives

Re: 1.8.1-beta6 Snort Still Core Dumps

From: "Julia A. Case" <julie () MageNet com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 10:21:41 -0700

Quoting Timothy Barhorst (timb () barhorst com):
I recently compiled 1.8.1-beta6 Snort on RH 7.1 and although it seems to run
longer than the previous version, it still eventually core dumps.
No special options on the compile, I simple ran configure and make.

I'm finding all this talk of snort crashing on RedHat systems a little
odd, I use Mandrake 8.0 which is a derivative of RedHat and everything
seems to be very stable...

Julia

--
[  Julia Anne Case  ] [        Ships are safe inside the harbor,       ]
[Programmer at large] [      but is that what ships are really for.    ]