Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort service stop

From: Ken Mencher <kenm () Buy com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 12:56:32 -0700

I'm seeing something similar on 1.7 under W2k...

Snort runs beautifully, picking up hackers of all sorts...for about 10-15
minutes...and then, nothing...(well, nothing goes into the logs, at
least...)

When I restart snort, it runs fine again for 10-15 minutes....and the same
thing...it just kinda stops...

The program is still running, taking about 50% of my CPU power...but it just
isn't finding anything....

Ken Mencher