Snort mailing list archives

Re: FIX: ACID 0.9.6b13+ and DB schema v0 (Snort 1.7)

From: roman () danyliw com
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 16:04:47 US/Eastern

The issue with signatures being displayed
incorrectly in ACID 0.9.6b13 with DB v0 appears to
be the result of an bug in the DDL script which
creates the acid_event.  A patch has been committed
to CVS.

* If you have are using DB v100+ (Snort 1.8) this
does not affect you

* If you are using DB v0 (Snort 1.7) with
ACID v0.9.6b13 or what was in CVS you will need
to do the following from your mysql client:

mysql> ALTER TABLE acid_event MODIFY signature VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL;

mysql> DELETE FROM acid_event;

This will delete the event cache and update the cache
schema.  When you load up ACID again, the event
cache will need to be re-built (Note: unless you
have turned this functionality off, it will happen
automatically -- be patient this may take some time).

* If you are using DB v0 (Snort 1.7) with
ACID < v0.9.6b13 this does not affect you.

cheers,
Roman

Last week was a bit busy, and it looks like I
have a few pending emails ...

I have confirmed that ACID 0.9.6b13+ will not
display signatures correctly (i.e. will return
a '0') when used with DB schema v0 (Snort 1.7). I
will try to get a fix out ASAP.

cheers,
Roman