Snort mailing list archives

Re: Logging to snort log and mySQL - how to?

From: "Andrew R. Baker" <andrewb0x29a () yahoo com>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 18:58:23 -0700 (PDT)

If you have the database output plugin configured to use the "log"
facility instead of the "alert" facility then you will not be able to get
the "folders with IP addresses as names" logging output.  Your choices are
to configure the database output plugin to use the "alert" facility (not
sure exactly how this translates to the config) or beg somebody to create
an output plugin for the "folders with IP addresses as names" so you can
enable that in the config.

-A

--- John Hall <JohnH () snetworking com> wrote:
We have been trying to get Snort 1.7 (the Windows port) to log both to
mySQL
and to c:\snort\logs with the latter having a subidrectory with the IP
address of the "attacker" as the subdirectory name.

We find that we seem to be able to have either one (mySQL) or the other
(folders with IP addresses as names), but not both.

Has anyone been able to get both to log?

John Hall