Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Snort-devel] Snort logging to Oracle

From: Joe McAlerney <joey () SiliconDefense com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 09:58:47 -0700

Jim could probably answer this better then me, but it is an issue with
SPADE and Oracle.  One way around is to do the following:

1) remove the "inline" function types from those lines
2) change "min" and "max" to something like "smin" and "smax".  Oracle
must be using min and max somewhere too.  I haven't had the chance to
debug this one fully.
3) On line 322 of spp_anomsensor.h, replace "min" and "max" with "smin"
and "smax" respectively.
4) recompile

As far as your issue with missing files on the Oracle sensor, yes we
have had the same experience and did exactly what you did.

-Joe M.

--
|   Joe McAlerney     joey () silicondefense com   |
| Silicon Defense - Technical Support for Snort |

Vitaly Osipov wrote:

Hi all,

Do I need to install Oracle on sensor host to get snort logging to a remote
database? I hope that not... I took some header files from oracle-linux
8.0.7,  snort 1.8 compiles without complaining on header files missing, but
there is a weird error -

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -I/usr/include/pcap  -I/usr/include/mysql -D
ENABLE_MYSQL -I/usr/local/rdbms/demo -I/usr/local/rdbms/public -I/usr/local/
network/public -DENABLE_ORACLE  -g -O2 -Wall -c spp_anomsensor.c
spp_anomsensor.c:1781: parse error before `int'
spp_anomsensor.c:1785: parse error before `int'
make: *** [spp_anomsensor.o] Error 1

(today's CVS snapshot)

snort is configured --with-oracle --without-openssl --without-postgresql
(--with-openssl also gives a strange error, but i'm more interested in
oracle than  in openssl).

if i omit --with-oracle, everything compiles perfectly... do I miss
something?

regards,
Vitaly.