Snort mailing list archives

Re: Problem with resp

From: Dragos Ruiu <dr () dursec com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 14:37:19 +0000

I think it was noted before that on slower computers the latency of
flexresp->libnet may mean that it may not respond quickly enough
for the receiver to receive the reset while it's still valid. A p166 will
likely fall into this category when up agianst a fast link and fast
computers....  for hostile resets, like most dos tactics,  the lowest
latency and fattest pipe always wins.... :-)

--dr