Snort mailing list archives

RE: Strange ping activity

From: "Anthony Buser" <ABuser () princelaw com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 11:37:59 -0400

Yes, I've noticed a lot of ping zeros... in my case we've gotten 106 in
the past 2 days from 26 hosts.  Been getting a large amount of pings
overall (IDS169/ping-windows2000 and IDS152/Ping BSDtype as well).  So
much so that I've went ahead and blocked all pings on the firewall.  Yet
the pings havn't slowed down yet.

---
Tony Buser
Programmer/Analyst