Snort mailing list archives

Re: Problem using snort

From: John Sage <jsage () finchhaven com>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 20:46:29 -0700

Sun:

What's your working directory when/where you type ./snort?

"./snort" implies that you're in the directory where the binary is installed, which in my case at least is /usr/bin/snort

You should just be able to type "snort" if the installation dir is on your path...

HTH..

- John

--
John Sage
FinchHaven, Vashon Island, WA, USA

sonya sonya wrote:

Fellows:
I just installed snort-1.7 on a SuSE Linux box, but I always end up with a "command not found" error message whenever I run ./snort.
Any idea what could be causing this error message to be generated.
BTW, I already installed libpcap.
Thanks in advance for your hints

Sun