Snort mailing list archives

Re: the most cryptic fsck'ing thing...

From: John Sage <jsage () finchhaven com>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 19:33:45 -0700

Fyodor:

In a word, yes, /var/log/snort is there..

Actually, snort works great looking at eth0. It sees my rules, etc etc..

There seem to be issues with ppp0, although, here's a snip from the snort archives from just last month.

This is the end of the thread:

> From: centipede (centiped () netvision net il)
> Date: Wed Apr 18 2001 - 16:46:04 CDT

Hi,

things are going on, slowly but still.
I've built the new snort 1.8 beta 2 , and used the --enable-debug option.
It seems that things are going all quite good, and $ppp0_ADDRESS is assiged
my.ip.my.ip/255.255.255.255 .
The progress I've had it when running snort regularly, not as a daemon.
it worked ! running it as daemon seems to be my problem so meanwhile
I'm gonna
use it regularly,
i.e. snort -bla -bla -bla & >/dev/null
or something.
any suggestion why could the -D be the problem ?
Is there a better way to run it otherwise than I've mentioned ?

thanks.
centipede.