Snort mailing list archives

DNS TO 137

From: Togan Muftuoglu <toganm () users sourceforge net>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 17:25:03 +0300

Hi
As you can see clearly below thre is a traffic from port 53 to 137
(netbios) now those two ips are the nameservers for my isp that I have
an ADSL Connection which I use roaring penquin.

I have my resolve.conf

nameserver 127.0.0.1
search my.domain

and there is no forwarding in the named.conf I do want to believe that
this is indeed bad traffic but with five second intervals from two
named servers to my pc on port 137 is questioning for me.

TIA

--
Togan Muftuoglu

May 18 16:10:03 gardiyan snort: MISC source port 53 to <1024 [Classification: Potentially Bad Traffic   Priority: 2]:
212.156.4.4:53 -> 212.156.196.133:137
May 18 16:10:08 gardiyan snort: MISC source port 53 to <1024 [Classification: Potentially Bad Traffic   Priority: 2]:
212.156.4.20:53 -> 212.156.196.133:137