Snort mailing list archives

Re: Error in snort start (Duplicate processor keyword)

From: Neil Dickey <neil () geol niu edu>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 09:21:52 -0500 (CDT)

"Denis Augusto A. de Souza" <denis.souza () brisa org br> wrote asking:

      I installed the snort 1.7 and I'm using the snort.conf sample
of snort site. I'm stating the snort program with:
   snort -Afull -c /etc/snort.conf
      And the snort send me:
   --== Initializing Snort ==--
Initializing Network Interface eth0
Decoding Ethernet on Interface eth0
Initializing Preprocessors!
ERROR (null) (0) => Duplicate preprocessor keyword!

      I don't found this duplicate in my snort.conf file!!!!
There are a solution for me????

In order for us to help you, you'll have to post the relevant parts
of your snort.conf file for us to look at.

Best regards,

Neil Dickey, Ph.D.
Research Associate/Sysop
Geology Department