Snort mailing list archives

Should I assume it has been safe?

From: Subba Rao <subba9 () home com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 18:02:13 +0000

I have been logging the tcpdump logs for a couple of months now. Now that I am
running snort (once again) under daemontools, the snort logs are pretty quite.
So I ran snort against the tcpdump logs. The snort configuration was the
default configuration + MaxVision's ruleset. Snort completed processing the
files normally with no screen output (except the summary statistics).

Should I assume that everything is fine or should I allow my paranoia feed
itself and look for something else in the logs? When should I say I have
dissected the log files inside out? Should that be after the rule set
combination that I am using?

Thanks for any input.
--

Subba Rao