Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort Install Doc

From: "Jason Lewis" <jlewis () jasonlewis net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 10:13:22 -0400

RE: [Snort-users] Snort Install DocMySQL connections aren't secure. If the
database goes down, you have know way of knowing if data made it into the DB
or not.   I can't imagine using the MySQL client across insecure networks.

Jason Lewis
http://www.packetnexus.com
It's not secure "Because they told me it was secure".
The people at the other end of the link know less
about security than you do. And that's scary.