Snort mailing list archives

Problem with Acid 0.9.6b11 (from CVS): criteria propagation

From: Borja Marcos <borjam () sarenet es>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 13:26:14 +0200

        Hello,

        I am having this problem with both Acid 0.9.6b11 and 0.9.6b10:

        When I select one of the "Unique alerts" options, and then I select one of
them, the "signature" meta criteria is stuck in my queries. If, for example,
after selecting one of the alerts in the list, I press the "back" button in
the browser, I am still carrying the alert seletion, and I don't see the full
list of unique alerts, but only the summary line for the alert I had selected.

        Something similar is happening when I select an IP address from the alerts
list; I select "all alerts with X.Y.Z.T as source/dest" and the search is
done *only* for the alert signature I had selected. It seems that it is being
propagated from one query to another.

        Borja.