Snort mailing list archives

cachemgr.cgi

From: Max Vision <vision () whitehats com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 12:14:24 -0700 (PDT)

All,

I am under an *enormous* amount of pressure right now and I don't want to
blow up over some stupid flame...  so I'll keep it really short.

A user posted a question about a couple of exploits:
http://whitehats.com/cgi/forum/messages.cgi?bbs=get_topic&f=2&t=000040

I asked for clarification... then went and searched for information about
the Squid cachemgr.cgi vulnerability, and then ran the query/attack and
grabbed the packet, then wrote up the signature.

I posted it to the forum.  No big deal.

Take care,
Max