Snort mailing list archives

Re: bcmath and ACID

From: roman () danyliw com
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 14:02:17 US/Eastern

Hi Kevin,

RedHat 7.0
SNORT Version 1.8-beta6 (Build 26)
mySQL 3.23.32
ACID 0.9.6b10 and/or 0.9.6b11
Database schema 103 ...kept ip_src0-3 and ip_dst0-3 columns for backward

 While you may have re-inserted these fields into the ./create_mysql
 script, the snort database plugin will no longer populate them.
 Hence, you won't get the "backward" compatability you desire.

The problem is that with my current ACID setup is seeing
the source and destination IP's as unknown.

 Only v0.9.6b11 (currently found in CVS) will work with
 schema v103.  This _may_ be why you are seeing unknown
 src/dst IP addresses.

called to convert the format.  I have tried to upgrade ACID but I am
getting the following error message;

PHP ERROR: PHP build incomplete: the prerequisite BCMath support required
to manipulate IP addresses was not build into PHP.  Please recompile PHP
with the necessary library (--enable-bcmath)

 As of 0.9.6b9, bcmath is explicitely required.  As you noted, as
 of PHP 4.0.4, bcmath is included _in the PHP distribution_.
 However, while you may not need to install any additional files,
 you still need to build support for it.  Did you explicitely use
 --enable-bcmath at the ./configure script?  Without this
 switch, PHP will NOT be built with this functionality, and
 consequently ACID will generate the above error message.

cheers,
Roman