Snort mailing list archives

(no subject)

From: "Skip Frizzell" <skipfrizzell () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 15:06:30 -0400

Originally I installed xato snort.panel, which is a nice configuration tool, it also gives you the option to export the command line for the options you choose. Now I start snort from a batch file, although I occasionally use the xato panel to tweek the config.

I also run WinSnort2Html which parses the alertscan.ids and portscan.log into something a tad more user friendly.

Shortly snort will be moving off my laptop and onto a linux box in the DMZ where things will change a bit.

Add in the latest rules set and you are good to go!!!

   -=Skip

http://www.xato.net/files.htm
http://home.earthlink.net/~ckoutras/
http://www.snort.org/snort-files.htm#Rules