Snort mailing list archives

RE: How to install snort on Windows 2000?

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () silicondefense com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 12:10:10 -0700

Kit,

The how-to located at:

http://www.silicondefense.com/techsupport/windows.htm

You should install snort this way:

● Create 3 Folders: "C:\Snort\” - "C:\Snort\Bin\" - "C:\Snort\Logs\"

● Install Snort into "C:\Snort\Bin" folder.

I guess I should have worded the above to say:

● Extract the snort-1.7-win32-MySQL-static.zip into the "C:\Snort\Bin"
folder.

Follow the how-to and you should be able to complete the setup without
any problems. If you do run into problems please don't hesitate to ask
for help from us.

-Mike

        Commercial Snort Support
             1.866.41.SNORT
Silicon Defense - www.silicondefense.com
Michael Steele - Snort Support Technician