Snort mailing list archives

Re: getcontact utility

From: Joe McAlerney <joey () SiliconDefense com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 10:58:07 -0700

Hello Paul,

You may want to check out the SnortSnarf Incident Storage and Response
(SISR) module that hooks into SnortSnarf.  It will generate the contact
address based on whois lookups, and use it in an e-mail message
constructed by a template of your choice.  This is all done in web-based
forms.

SnortSnarf: http://www.silicondefense.com/software/snortsnarf/
SISR README:
http://www.silicondefense.com/software/snortsnarf/readme.sisr.shtml

Hope this helps,

-Joe M.

--
|   Joe McAlerney     joey () silicondefense com   |
| Silicon Defense - Technical Support for Snort |

"Sheahan, Paul (PCLN-NW)" wrote:

Hello,

I am looking for a utility to use with Snort (running on Linux) similar to
the "Getcontact" utility seen on snort.org. It would be nice to be able to
automatically lookup contacts for the different ISPs and send out emails
when certain attacks occur. Does anyone have a script they could share that
could do this?

Getcontact seems to be made for the Windows version of Snort and I don't
know how to get it to work under Linux.

Thanks!