Snort mailing list archives

Re: loggin to mySQL

From: Guillaume <guillaume () sky fr>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 07:42:35 +0200

Blake Frantz wrote:

Hello,

I'm having a problem getting snort to log to mySQL.  Everything is being
logged to /var/log/snort.  Below are the details, any help is appreciated.

This is how I have loggin setup in my snort.conf:
ruletype log2mySQL
{
  type log
  output database: log, mysql, user=snort dbname=snort host=localhost
}

Check your rules : do you use "log2mySQL" facility instead of "alert" or "log" ?

I.e :
"alert tcp $EXTERNAL_NET any -> $HOME_NET 21 ....."
Should be :
"log2mySQL tcp $EXTERNAL_NET any -> $HOME_NET 21 ....."

Guillaume.