Snort mailing list archives

RE: Compile under Linux kernel 2.4.3

From: Thomas Whipp <tkw () objectronix co uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 14:55:47 +0100

looks like you don't have all of the support libraries/tools
installed - pcap is generally built using a grammer parser
of which lex is one.  I'm not great on the details of this
but I suggest you fire up YaST and install any of the other
development tools called something like lex and then try
again.

Alternatively download the pcap source and look in the
readme file - it should tell you there.

cheers

        Tom