Snort mailing list archives

RE: Assign NO ip addr to interface

From: "Sheahan, Paul (PCLN-NW)" <Paul.Sheahan () priceline com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 10:33:14 -0400

My question, SHOULD I assign an IP address to the "Snorting" card or not?
Right now I have an IP address assigned to it. Coincidentally, I am having
network/communication problems with the box and not sure if this would
effect things. Should I leave the IP address on the SNORT interface or take
it off?

Thanks,

Paul Sheahan
Manager of Information Security