Snort mailing list archives

Re: Newbie question.

From: "skop d'skop" <skop () visto com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 17:48:25 -0700

hi
from my experience.

          ---
   A-----|IDS|----B
          ---
  IDS - running Snort on OpenBSD
  A - intel NIC with no IP (0.0.0.0) connecting ofter firewall
  B - connect to my machine (only my machine can acess this IDS box - ssh only)

1. i would be able to sniff the traffic after the firewall.
2. only my machine is able to log in with ssh
3. only port 22 is open.
4. i will need to try for some web report (still figuring out beside snortsnarf)

-skop