Snort mailing list archives

RE: Mysql table creation

From: Chris Owen <cowen () gt ca>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 14:22:44 -0400

I'm using;

mysql-3.23.38-pc-linux-gnu-i686.tar.gz
snort-1.7.tar.gz
acid-0.9.6b9.tar.gz
gd-1.8.4.tar.gz
php-4.0.5.tar.gz
adodb112.tgz
phplot-4.4.6.tar.gz

I used the create_mysql script from ./contrib/create_mysql in
snort-1.7.tar.gz.

in create_mysql lines 121-127 are...

# encoding is a lookup table for storing encoding types
CREATE TABLE encoding(encoding_type TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
                      encoding_text TEXT NOT NULL,
                      PRIMARY KEY (encoding_type));
INSERT INTO encoding (encoding_type, encoding_text) VALUES (0, 'hex');
INSERT INTO encoding (encoding_type, encoding_text) VALUES (1, 'base64');
INSERT INTO encoding (encoding_type, encoding_text) VALUES (2, 'ascii');

Output of echo 'show tables;' | mysql -u root -p;

mysql> connect snort
mysql> show tables;
+-----------------+
| Tables_in_snort |
+-----------------+
| acid_ag         |
| acid_ag_alert   |
| data            |
| encoding        |
| event           |
| icmphdr         |
| iphdr           |
| opt             |
| sensor          |
| tcphdr          |
| udphdr          |
11 rows in set (0.00 sec)

PS... I'm still able to log to this database and report from it.  I was just
curious what the error meant.

 Chris.